Friday, January 27, 2017

Moving.....

We're moving soon.....  



     Our elderly landlord wants us to move into the main floor apartment in the house he lives in.  He's on the top floor.  My husband is an all around fix it man, so he's working odd jobs on his rentals (besides his full-time job).  But he also was a Nurse's Assistant for years, so he can watch over him.  It's called The Red Barn, but it looks like a sprawling house with interesting additions.  So not quite a barn.




     The odd but wonderful thing is it's a house on my old walk on a trail that cuts across the mountains here, The Intemann Trail. The house is tucked into the last populated corner of the woods before the Pikes Peak forest on a section of the trail that goes on a dirt road winding across the mountain ridge.





     I would always stop there to gaze at the beautiful perennial garden, listen to the birds or to wait for a herd of mule deer coming out of the woods in the corner.  Wow, so that's to be our house!  I'm excited!  Huge kitchen, living room with gas fireplace and two bedrooms!  I get my own bedroom. We have an amazing futon I got designed years ago for us, so we've taken the living room for years so my teenager could sleep in her own room.  I'd always look longingly into her room and think- wouldn't it be nice?



     OK so that reminds me of the song from My Fair Lady:

All I want is a room somewhere,
Far away from the cold night air.
With one enormous chair,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?
Lots of choc'lates for me to eat,
Lots of coal makin' lots of 'eat.
Warm face, warm 'ands, warm feet,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?
Aow, so loverly sittin' abso-bloomin'-lutely still.
I would never budge 'till spring
Crept over me windowsill.
Someone's 'ead restin' on my knee,
Warm an' tender as 'e can be.
'ho takes good care of me,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?
Loverly, loverly, loverly, loverly

Read more: My Fair Lady - Wouldn't It Be Loverly? Lyrics | MetroLyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment